- First English-language book dedicated to the Alfa Montreal.
- Produced with the collaboration of Alfa Romeo and Bertone.
- What to look out for when buying a Montreal.
- Maintenance and repair information for all common problems.
- Complete Montreal fuel injection tuning guide.
- How to deal with the Montreal's five Achilles' heels.
- Implementing performance upgrades for the Montreal.
- Sourcing Montreal OEM and reproduction parts.
- Montreal history, models, modifications and price guide.
- Complete database of Montreal Chassis Nos. and special tools.
The Montreal is one of the most exotic series production cars ever manufactured by Alfa Romeo. The combination of a race-bred 200bhp V8 engine with stylish Bertone coachwork puts it in a class of its own. This is the first English-language book dedicated solely to the Alfa Romeo Montreal. It is a comprehensive reference about buying, maintaining and improving the car and contains a wealth of technical information and practical tips for owners and potential owners.
Almost 4000 Alfa Romeo Montreals were produced between 1970 and 1977, and sound cars are readily available today at very affordable prices. It is a powerful car that can be immensely enjoyable to drive and that turns heads wherever it appears. But up to now, the lack of detailed information about the Montreal has frustrated many owners and discouraged others from purchasing the car.
This book provides detailed technical information and practical tips to help owners with maintenance, tuning and upgrading the performance of this unique vehicle. It explains how the car's specific weaknesses can be rectified so that it can realise its full potential. It also contains information about Montreal history, production, racing, meetings, reviews, drawings, art, special tools, paint finishes, models, prices and service providers.
This comprehensive book can help present owners enjoy the Alfa Romeo Montreal to the fullest, and it shows other discerning car enthusiasts that this beautiful and potent classic GT is a hidden treasure that is well worth seeking.
1 Birth of the Montreal 8
2 The dream car comes true 15
3 Buying a Montreal 25
4 Tuning the Montreal 42
5 Achilles’ heels 56
6 Mechanical maintenance 73
7 Electrical maintenance 123
8 Bodywork maintenance 141
9 Improving the Montreal 162
10 Racing the Montreal 192
11 Montreal meetings 212
12 Montreal models 225
13 Montreal books and magazines 233
14 Montreal drawings, art and advertising 241
15 Montreal production 259
16 Montreal forum 268
Appendix I – Montreal technical characteristics 271
Appendix II – Montreal paint codes 273
Appendix III – Montreal tools 281
Appendix IV – Montreal services 307
Appendix V – Montreal prices 313