• The first book dedicated solely to Anglo-American hybrid cars
• Comprehensive guide of complete marque and model range
• Deeply researched history reveals many little known facts
• Unique and rare models
• Rare factory photos, advertisements and original brochure images
• Models produced for European and North American markets
• Production data and original road test info on individual models
• 100 high quality photographs including colour images of restored examples
• Engine and detail photos
• Index allows for quick access to specific makes and models.
Covers British cars powered by American engines and American cars fitted with British power plants, all built from the 1930s to the 1970s. This is the first book dedicated solely to these unique hybrids bearing both American and British engineering, made for those who lust to drive something different.
Brochures, period literature, road test info of the day, factory press kits and many photos including restored examples, and detailed shots of the engines and styling that set these Anglo-American cars apart from mainstream products. Decade by decade detail allows for direct comparison.
This TWtD book covers British cars powered by American engines and American cars fitted with British power plants, all built from the 1930s to 1970s. Many of the American-powered British makes offered for sale were often built with everything from trials and rallies to road racing in mind. For enthusiasts, the American V8 in a British chassis provided fast, reliable touring at a fraction of the cost. In contrast, the American cars fitted with British power plants were often designed with economy in mind.
Brochures, period literature, road test info of the day, factory press kits and over sixty colour photos of restored examples provide detailed shots of the engines and styling that set these Anglo-American cars apart. Decade by decade information allows for direct comparison.
Models covered 1930-1939:
Allard, Atalanta, Batten, Jensen, Brough Superior, Lammas-Graham, Leidart, Marendaz, Railton
Models covered 1940-1949:
Models covered 1950-1959:
Allard, JAG, Kieft, Nash-Healey, 1960-1970, AC Cobra, Bristol, Deruyne , Gordon-Keeble, Jensen, Rootes - Sunbeam Tiger, Trident, TVR and Griffith, Warwick
Models covered 1970s:
Models covered – British-powered American Cars 1930s-1970s:
American Austin/Bantam, Arnolt MG and Bristol, Nash/Hudson/AMC Metropolitan