• From the simple to the extreme, there’s something here for everyone
• Unique – covering all E30 petrol models
• Full colour pictures showing critical areas
• Plain, jargon free text explains benefits and pitfalls of each modification
• Extensive model guide, including which models to go for or avoid
• Practical maintenance and restoration sections to keep you motor running
• Covers track days, drag race, sprint, rally and other motorsport applications
• Includes essential data sheets with vehicle dimensions, capacities and performance
• Includes useful contacts for clubs, associations and suppliers
• Written by a qualified engineer and motorsport enthusiast with plenty of real world experience
Buying a classic and iconic E30 BMW 3 Series can be just the start of a wonderful adventure. This book explains how these fantastic cars can be modified to suit a vast range of applications, from fast road use to race and rally.
Buying a classic and iconic E30 BMW 3 Series can be just the start of a wonderful adventure. This book explains how these fantastic cars can be modified to suit a vast range of applications, from simple upgrades to make everyday driving easier, through to servicing and renovation tips, and large-scale conversions for racing and rallying. Some of the most popular forms of motorsport are examined, along with explanations of how to take part and what equipment you need.
All the procedures are explained in straightforward text by a qualified engineer and racer with many years of practical experience, accompanied by detailed photographs showing the reader how it’s done. Many of the modifications shown are done on the author’s own vehicles, so you get an honest report – bruised knuckles and all. As well as the ‘how to’ sections, there are a large amount of data and comparison charts to help you choose which modifications are right for you.
Period covered: 1981 to 1996
Models covered: BMW 3 Series E30 316, 318, 320, 323, 325, 333 and M3
2 and 4 door saloons, 2 and 4 door estate (Touring) and cabriolet
Covers i, is, ix and e versions.
Models not covered: 324 diesel