• Benefit from the author’s decades of reviewing, building and designing Cobra replicas
• The real facts you need when deciding whether a Cobra replica is for you
• Coverage of all UK models
• Where and how to buy a Cobra replica – whether to build or buy secondhand
• Advice on choosing the right type for your needs and your budget
• Key checks – how to spot a bad car quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of upgrades as well as donor packages to avoid
• Details of club backup and support organizations
STOP! Don’t buy a Cobra Replica without first buying this book!
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from the author’s years of real ownership experience, learn how to spot a bad car quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a true professional. Get the right car at the right price!
You might think a Cobra is an unattainable dream, and you’d be right. However, a replica that looks just like one and works rather better is not only attainable – it costs about the same as a Toyota.
Iain Ayre has been reviewing, building and designing Cobra replicas for decades: there’s nobody better to have in your pocket when you stop dreaming and start checking out buying or building one for real. This book condenses all you need to know into 64 packed pages covering Cobra types; low, medium and high budgets; buying pitfalls; engine and donor recommendations; good and bad points – pretty much everything you need to know to start scaring BMWs with budget V8 thunder.
Period Covered: 1980 to 2011