• The first book devoted exclusively to UK drag bike history
• The author witnessed first-hand the exciting events documented
• Comprehensive information on the sport
• Top quality photography
• Insights from the top riders
• Historical research material
• Updated facts
• Coverage of influential American racers
• Follows the progression of the sport into mainland Europe
• Features accurate information on landmark records and information
Showcases amazing machines and their riders in the ultimate acceleration sport – drag bike racing.
Great photographs are combined with the author’s in-depth knowledge, to explore, for the first time, the sport in the UK, and chart its relentless pursuit for ever more speed.
The diversity of motive power and machine design is examined, as is the influence of racers from the home of drag racing – America – in this unique and fascinating look at the most thrilling sport on two wheels.
A story of ultimate raw power on two wheels. Drag bike racing developed from a strong history of sprinting in the UK, with riders battling awesome machinery to become the quickest over the standing start ¼ mile.
The variety of bikes constructed to assault the track was incredible during the sport’s formative years. From V8 power and triple-engined behemoths to an unbelievably quick 500 Vincent – all are featured here. But biggest was not always best, as this book highlights.
The author is well qualified to chart the progress of the sport's outstanding riders, having witnessed first-hand their amazing progress. He has been a spectator, racer, Santa Pod commentator and leading photojournalist, and in this entertaining and gripping volume, his photographs capture the essence of this highly visual sport.
"With the festive season fast approaching, 'Drag Bike Racing in Britain' should be placed immediately at the top of the Christmas list of any drag bike fan, or indeed any drag racing fan." – eurodragster.com