• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
• Full coverage of all Desmoquattro twin Ducati models
• Where and how to buy a Desmoquattro Ducati
• Advice on choosing the right model and condition
• Key checks – how to spot a bad bike quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide with unique points system
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable upgrades as well as modifications to avoid
• Market and value data, predicts which models will become collectable
• Details of club back-up and support organizations
Having this book in your pocket is like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from the author’s years of Desmoquattro ownership experience, learn how to spot a bad bike quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a professional. Get the right bike at the right price!
Here is a book packed with good advice on how to find and maintain a Desmoquattro twin Ducati. From running costs, through paperwork, vital statistics, valuation – this book shows you exactly what to look for when examining a potential Ducati Desmoquattro purchase. Along with a detailed description of all the individual models, there is a comprehensive condition checklist and guide, plus photos of key areas to check and foibles to be aware of. Also includes info on key specifications and useful upgrades that will enable one of these classic machines to be used on a regular basis, and a guide to the market and value – everything you need to buy the Desmoquattro of your dreams.
Ian Falloon has 40 years of experience with Ducati, and has written several books covering the Desmoquattro models. He has owned several examples of this bike, and in his role as a motorcycle journalist attended the press launches for many of the models covered in this book. Ian’s close association with the factory, and personal association with many of the engineers involved, has given him an invaluable insight into these models.
Period Covered: 1988-2004
Models Covere: 851, 888, 916, 996, 998, ST4