• Reveals the design and development of the baby Fiats
• Shows how the cars evolved throughout production
• Full-colour gallery featuring reproductions of original sales brochures
• Covers the many model variants of the 500 and 600
• Living with a baby Fiat
• Appendices of clubs, specialists and suppliers
• Full production figures and specifications, and biography
• These little cars are highly sought after in today’s classic car market
Fiat & Abarth 500 & 600 covers all the classic ‘baby’ Fiats, from the famous Topolino onwards: here is their full and eventful story.
Always big on character and charm, Fiat’s little cars played an important international roll in providing affordable and practical private transport for millions who had previously thought their dream impossible.
With particular emphasis on the now classic 600 and Nuova 500 cars, this book tells the full story of these ‘baby’ Fiats. Built, and exported to, many countries outside of the marque’s native Italy, over 6.5 million Topolinos, 600s and Nuova 500s were sold, and an amazing number survive to this today. Also covered are the wonderful models built on these cars’ tiny chassis by Italy’s leading coachbuilders, and the motorsport success achieved by the Abarth versions of the little cars that everybody loves.
Includes appendices covering Clubs, suppliers and specialists, production figures, and specifications.