• Detailed step-by-step guide to the art of rendering cars using current techniques
• Brief history of car design
• Different styles and trends
• Around 50 high quality drawings from top artists and designers
• A comprehensive study of each area of the car
• A guide to materials used
• Around 150 step-by-step drawings
• Differences between hand renderings and CGI (Computer Generated Imagery)
• Guide to computer packages
• An index for easy access to various parts of the book
This book provides an easy to follow guide on how to draw cars like the professional design studios. Covers materials used from pencils to markers, airbrushes to computer generated drawings. The book features clear and concise step-by-step guides to drawing all external components of a car, and teaches how to render them in order to bring them to life. It also showcases work that demonstrates how these techniques produce great car art and design.
The automobile seems to be as popular now as it ever was. Posters of cars still adorn many a child’s bedroom wall, and school exercise books are full of doodles of cars. This book takes those notebook sketches and teaches you how to develop them into the car designs you see in magazines.
Using simple to follow step-by-step drawings it guides you from pencil sketch to marker rendering, from doodle to highly visual computer generated artwork.
Adrian Dewey has worked on designs as diverse as small sports cars to double decker buses, modified motors to concept Formula 1 cars, using various techniques and styles. In this book, he uses his knowledge of the different styles to guide the reader in creating great artwork and designs of their own. The book shows in detail how to use different materials and how to get the most out of each one, whether it be a great pencil sketch or a photo realistic vector illustration.
The book also features an easy to follow index for quick reference on different types of drawing.