• An atmospheric journey through auto racing's ghost tracks looking at them in their heyday ... and as they are today
• Stunning original photography of every circuit by award winning photographer Gavin D Ireland captures the spirit of the ghost tracks
• Track diagrams show the evolution of the circuits
• Many period photographs and memorabilia illustrations such as programme
• From the authors of 'Autodrome – The lost race circuits of Europe'
An evocative and original look at the history of nine abandoned race circuits in the USA and Europe, and viewed as they are today in stunning new photographs.
Around the world lies a number of long-forgotten raceways; windswept and abandoned, the derelict pit roads and crumbling concrete are all that remains of once great race tracks. From the NASCAR heartland of North Wilkesboro and Middle Georgia to the great European super speedways at Monza and Brooklands. All photographed as they are now, but remembered in their prime.
North Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Augusta International, GA, USA
Middle Georgia, GA, USA
(+ more tracks TBA)